Instituto Mediterráneo Sol offers a Training course for teachers of ELE (Español como Lengua Extranjera – Spanish as a foreign language), addressed to those who are interested in the teaching of Spanish. These courses are addressed to: university students of the last courses or who have just finished their career, novice teachers, teachers with professional experience who want to become familiar with the new teaching methodologies or, even, foreign teachers, in that case a C1 or C2 Spanish level is required.
The course is carried out during 6 weeks (120 lessons) from Monday to Friday and with a maximum of 8 students per class. It is made up of 2 modules divided into a theoretical/practical part and another practical part of tutored class.
The first practical/theoretical module consists of 40 sessions of 4 daily lessons of 45 minutes and it lasts 2 weeks.
The second practical module consists of 80 sessions of 4 daily lessons of 45 minutes and it lasts 4 weeks. The 3rd and the 4th one are based on the observation and analysis of the class given by the teacher and the elaboration of teaching units, whereas the 5th and 6th one are based on the preparation, teaching practice and analysis of the practice.
With this course you will reach the following objectives:
- Familiarize with basic conceptual and methodological concepts for the teaching of Spanish. Levels from A1 to C2 are covered.
- Analyze the teachers and students roles in the teaching/learning process.
- Identify the general objectives and the learning contents.
- Acquire teaching techniques and basic didactic resources to plan a class session and carry it out
- Observe the teacher performance, experiment it and reflect on the competences of a teacher of Spanish and how to develop them.
During the course you will study:
- Approaches and references of the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language (ELE). Acquisition and learning of a second language. The Marco Común Europeo de Referencia para las Lenguas (MCER) – The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and the Plan Curricular del Instituto Cervantes – Curriculum Plan of the Cervantes Institute.
- Teaching techniques for absolute beginners (A1 level) only in Spanish, without the use of support languages.
- Dynamics of groups and teaching techniques.
- Development and teaching of the communicative competence and its subcompetences: grammatical, lexical-semantic, sociocultural, pragmatic, discursive and strategic.
- The linguistic and communicative skills and their practical development: expression, oral comprehension, written expression and reading comprehension.
- Teaching materials: analysis and use of manuals and exploitation of classroom resources. The TIC (ICT) in the teaching of Spanish.
- Notions of evaluation. Evaluation of the linguistic skill.
- Analysis and correction of errors in the ELE classroom.
- Criteria and procedures for scheduling classes: analysis and creation of teaching units.
- The teaching of Spanish for specific purposes: business, tourism, health, legal, immigration.
- Guidelines for class observation and self-observation.
This is a practical course, as much in the practical theoretical part as in the second part of tutored practices. In these last part will be realized tasks on observation, critical analysis or interpretation of the teaching techniques and the tools presented, the methodological guidelines provided, the reference documents and the materials and resources for the classroom. Finally, the assistants will participate in real classes realizing, with the support of a tutor, tasks of observation, teaching performance and reflection.
The course progress will be evaluated through a portfolio of evaluation of the tutors.
It will be necessary to realize of a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 10 teaching units.
Next start dates
- 14th May 2018
- 2nd July 2018
- 6th July 2018
- 3rd September 2108
- 1st October 2018
- 12th November 2018
At the end of the training course for teachers of Spanish as a foreign language, all the participants will receive, together with the final evaluation and a CD with all the material of the course, a final Certificate. For this it is necessary to have attended at least the 85% of each of the modules, and also to have delivered a minimum of 8 teaching units within a period not exceeding 30 calendar days from the date of completion of the same. In this certificate will appear the Instituto Cervantes logo, given our quality as an Accredited Centre by this institution.
The Training courses for Teachers offer a huge variety of professional possibilities for those who want to dedicate themselves to the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language. The courses provide you with a wide theoretical base, together with real experience with foreign students, these aspects are detailed in the certificate and evaluation that you will receive at the end of the course. This is highly appreciated by companies and professionals in the sector, because it allows the graduate to face an ELE class of any level since the first moment.
Many of our students have also opted for teaching outside of Spain. In these cases we offer a certificate in English, in addition to the certificate in Spanish, so that they attach it to their CV. We have received reference petitions by many employers from various parts in the world, and the results have been very positive.
If you are thinking about signing up for this course this is your opportunity! We offer a special discount of 15% for the next start date of the course, that will be the 14th of May 2018.
Do not forget to make your registration putting the code #mayoimsol in the comments, we will automatically apply the discount!