Spanish Teachers course contents
The cultural element:
- Application of cinema and other audiovisual materials (short films, commercials, tv programmes) as instruments for the didactisc in an ELE class.
- Spanish and Latinoamerican literature: didactics use in an ELE class.
- Spanish through the cooking.
- Expressions, phrases and locutions of the spanish language.
- Songs and its use for the didactics.
Communicative skill and communicative activities of the language:
- Grammatic problems and instruments for its treatment in an ELE class:
- Ser and estar.
- Object pronouns: me, te, nos, os, lo, la, los, las, le, les.
- Differences about the aspectual or temporal use of past tenses in Spanish.
- Prepositions: por and para.
- The Subjunctive.
- Know how to write, to be able to do it: the writing in an ELE class.
- Approaches and resources to improve the vocabulary learning.
- European Common Reference Framework for Languages and the Curricula Plan of the Cervantes Institute: definition and uses.
Language teaching and learning approaches:
- Analisis and mistakes treatment in an ELE class.
Methods and dynamics during the lessons:
- TIC of Spanish teaching: new technologies in class.
- Games in an ELE class.
Teaching and learning contexts:
- Teaching Spanish as a new language in the secondary school.
- Approches and beginners levels.
- General knowledge of the hispanic countries
- Government and politics: government system, legal framework, politic parties, unions and civil society.
- Organisation of territory and administration: the autonomous communities, provinces, cities and villages.
- Economy and Industry: the productive sector, means and main companies.
- Medicine and Health: the public and privat health.
- Education: academic institution, courses of studies and titles.
- Medias: newspapers, magazines, television, radio and commercials.
- Religion: credos and its influence in the society.
- Languages: use, diffusion and identity.
Past and present events and personalities :
- Important events in the hisory of the hispanic countries: eras, characters and relevance.
- Spain in the XX century: Primo de Rivera’s dictatorship, the Second Republic, the Civil War, the Francoism, the Transition to democracy and the Democracy.
Cultural products and creations :
- Literatur and thought: chronology, important authors and current view.
- Music: chronology, authors and representative works. Popular and traditional music: the flamenco.
- Cinema and theatre: chronology, directors and important films.
- Architecture, painting, sculpture y photography: chronology, authors and salient works.
- Celebrations and popular traditions: origin and current events.
Sociocultural knowledges and attitudes
Life conditions and social organization:
- Personal identification: names, surnames and identification documents.
- Family: types and evolution.
- Calendar, times and rhythm of life at work and during the free time.
- Food and drink: places, social types and conventions associated.
- Free time activities: shows, open air activities and sports.
- Homes: type and problems related.
- Shopping: buildings, social conventions and consumption habits.
- Social services: attention towards elderly people, immigrants, meansless people and maltreated womens.
- Love, family and friends relatioships.
- School and work relationships.
Common Identity and life style:
- Creation of own identity: language, tradition, social participation and antagonism.
- Festivities, ceremonies and celebrations: folk festivals, baptiesms, marriages, burials.